Restaurant 6: The Boathouse

Gooooooooood Day Disney Enthusiast,
If you read my last blog, which I highly recommend, you will most likely be looking for a blog on Tony's Town Square Restaurant.  Well, I have decided to throw a curveball into the mix!  With Disney Springs re-opening on May 20th, 2020, I have decided to pick a third party (not Disney owned) restaurant on Disney Property -- The Boathouse!

Disney Springs is split up into three sections, The Marketplace, The Landing, and The West Side.  The Boathouse is located in The Landing Section.  It is situated diagonally across from Wine Bar George, next to Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar, and near the boat launch to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort.

This restaurant is one of two restaurants in Disney Springs that will get top grades from me, allow me to explain.  The Boathouse is a great place to watch a game, enjoy dining near water, and eat in a vintage boat.  This restaurant is well themed, very cozy, makes me feel like I am on a lake somewhere in New England, with a little Cape Cod feel.

The Boathouse offers two locations within the restaurant to sit at a bar.  As soon as you walk in, you will notice a large bar with a raw bar, but just out the back doors of the restaurant is my favorite location in all of Disney Springs for dining.  You will see a bar on what could be called a pier, covered, with televisions (I have watched a few Bruins playoff games here).  The outdoor bar is very Boston Sports friendly, however, the manager the last time I was there was from Toronto -- I gave my apologies and sympathies.


As you dine in the outdoor bar, you will notice that you can take a vintage Amphicar ride for 20 minutes, but be aware it is very expensive.  For more information please visit: https://www.theboathouseorlando.com/amphicar-tours/


Now, to the most important point of this blog, THE FOOD! So, as some of you may know, I am a rare New Englander, I love my city of Boston, I love everything about Boston, however, I cannot stand seafood.  You heard that right, I do not like seafood, do not try to make me try it, I have lived this long without liking it, the chances of it making me enjoy are next to nil.

With that all said, this is a seafood restaurant, but with American faire aka Burgers!  Now, this place has the most amazing burgers I have EVER had.  I always grab a cheeseburger, with American cheese, and of course bacon.  I always hear, "Bacon makes everything better", does it though?  I will get flak for this, but all bacon does is add the flavor of salt.  When you eat normal bacon, not fired in some applewood whatever, is there any REAL flavor in bacon besides salt and fat?  Now do not get me wrong, I like bacon, for the crunch primarily.  Anyway, my burger always has to be cooked med-rare, just enough that I can hear a small whimper from the cow itself.  The Boathouse always cooks it to perfection, with the burger juices dripping down my hand, to my wrist before I can wipe it up with a napkin.  I usually have to ask the cast member (or crew, at the Boathouse), for additional napkins.  Accompanying my burger, seasoned fries!  These fries have a nice seasoning on them, they are crispy, and not greasy!

Along with the food, The Boathouse offers a nice selection of Florida Micro-Brewed beers, cocktails, and speciality drinks.  My favorite cocktail when I visit Florida in general is Bombay Sapphire Gin and Tonic, with a splash of Cointreau, it is nice and light, refreshing on a hot Florida day, try it out!

Grading this establishment
Service: A (I have never had a bad experience here.  Maybe some sporting banter, but it was all in      good fun)
Drinks:  B+ (The tonic water has been flat on numerous occasions, had to default to a beer)
Food:  A- (The best burger I have ever had!)
Atmosphere:  B+ (Dining on a dock, what could be better than that!  I graded this a tad lower because all the traffic with the Amphicar driving by, honking their horn, and the smell of fumes).
Overall:  A- (You cannot beat this restaurant, minus one other in Disney Springs -- Stay tuned for that one!)

Just one small disclaimer, I am not paid to do these, I have opinions of all the things on this blog, I express them, you may disagree -- and that is fine, this is America!  I love the Walt Disney World Property, and I do this purely out of fun.

I will critique Tony's Town Square Restaurant when we have a Magic Kingdom opening date.
The Next Restaurant:  To Be Determined!

Thank you all for reading this!  I am proud of this blog, I hope you are!  Make sure you subscribe, have ideas PLEASE, leave a comment!  Until next time, "Have a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" - The Carousel of Progress




Comments

Popular Posts