Favorite Disney World Treats!

Hello my awesome blog readers, today, as I am writing this I would have been enjoying some of these treats at Walt DisneyWorld.  However, the circumstances in this world today had me cancel my trip.  I hope you and your family are staying healthy, but bonus for you, I get to share my favorite treats with you.  On a side note, if you have not chosen the John Williams (composer) Pandora station, it is a must!  I am currently enjoying this station while I type this blog, it gives me this amazing feeling of being in Disney when I am not!

On to the treats!  I say treats because these items are either found in small kiosks or items found at restaurants around the Walt Disney World property.

Top of the list goes to the 'Ohana Bread Pudding a la mode, topped with caramel sauce and bananas!  This item is the most amazing and delicious thing on the Disney World property!  Now, you may think what I originally thought, bread pudding is for the older generation.  My opinion comes from the retirement communities I worked at, in which that is all we had for dessert 99.9% of the time.  'Ohana is located at the Polynesian Village Resort, tough place to get a reservation at, however, the best part of the meal is the dessert as well as another item that is later on my list.  If you do not like caramel sauce (why you would not is beyond me), they place it in a small pourer (if that is such a word), so you can add it if you wish.  Once you place your fork into this item, it is so tender (moist), you can smell the nutmeg permeating from the dessert, with cinnamon, and the bananas just simply complete this dish.  Have you had this item?  I would love to hear your comments below!

The next treat that is amazing at Walt Disney World would be the Egg Roll Cart now at the entrance to Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom.  Now those of you who know me, I am not a fan of your typical egg rolls, so you know that there is a twist to this.  The Egg Roll Cart has the most amazing Cheeseburger Egg Rolls that I have had (not that I have had them many other places).  These items are always hot, delicious, and very cheesy (in a good way, not a fake way, if you know what I mean). The meat is fantastic, which I am sure it is what they use in their typical theme park burger.  It is well seasoned, perfect amount of salt, and pepper, with the typical American orange like cheese (probably not real cheese, but hey you are in Disney after all!).  However, do not be alarmed, items at the Egg Roll Cart change, you may find pizza egg rolls, or whatever they decide on that day.

On to the Animal Kingdom, the Cheeseburger Pods at Satu'li Canteen, in the Pandora section of the park.  I know what you are thinking, Andrew, what is with all these cheeseburger items on you list.  Well let me tell you, have you had a cheeseburger at any other quick service place in Walt Disney World?  If you have, you will know, speciality cheeseburger items are a welcome sight.  Burgers and or cheeseburgers are not at all appealing until they do something different, like in this case.  This item are bao buns stuffed with ground hamburg and cheese.  The last time I saw this, they had them only on the children's menu, but recent posts and vlogs I have seen, show them back on the adults menu.

Off to EPCOT we go, to the Germany Pavilion.  Two things, well maybe three if you are older the 21, to pick up at this particular spot.  The biggest must is the pretzel!  All over Walt Disney World you can get the soggy, over salted, kind of looking like Mickey pretzel, but behold my Bavarian pretzel lovers, the Germany (rightfully so), has the most delicious and largest pretzel you will ever see (well at Disney anyway).  These pretzels have a hard, crunchy outside, but, soft and most delicious inside.  Make sure you get many packets of Guldens Mustard, this pretzel is too large for just a few!  As noted earlier, if you are 21 plus, be sure to grab a nice delicious draft brew from the same stand that sold you the pretzel, you will need it to wash down the pretzel.  After you have tidied up from the pretzel and beer, pick up some Wethers Original caramel popcorn, as you peruse the rest of the German Pavilion.  This popcorn is popped to perfection, with the great taste of Wethers Original Caramel.  I just remember when my grandmother use to give me a piece of this caramel as a kid, with the famous words, "Don't run with candy in your mouth", as she kept passing use more and more sugar, only to hand us off to our parents shortly after.

And last but not least, my favorite treat is the Mickey Premium Bar.  These can be found all over the Disney World Resort, and cannot be replicated.  If you are in Publix (grocery store in Florida) and think, "Oh I will get these Mickey Ice Cream bars and save money", they are not the same.  Believe you me, these ice cream bars are amazing.  I do not know what kind of chocolate the outer shell is, but it reminds me more like Dairy Queen.  The only problem with this item is that, being Florida, you better eat quickly, or Mickey will look awfully sad before you complete.  So sad, that he will be dropping all down your hand, arms, and eventually legs.  This makes for a very unpleasant experience.

I am sure I have many more items on the list, I will continue to update these blogs, so, stay tuned to more exciting treats on the Disney Property.  Also, I did not put the churros on here on purpose, say it with me, THEY ARE NOT GOOD!  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this!  Spread the word about this blog, share, tweet, and subscribe!  "See Ya Real Soon!" - Mickey Mouse




Comments

Popular Posts