Random Blog About Disney World

Hello my beloved blog readers....
So, tonight is Saturday, staying home -- I figured I would just babble about things at Disney World.

Let's start off at Orlando International Airport (MCO).  Up until I was in my late teens, became interested in aviation, I always thought MCO had some sort of Mickey Mouse reference.  Well, MCO actually refers to the airbase that it used to be, McCoy Air Force Base.  Wow, did that make me feel ignorant.

Disney Magical Express (DME) is located from the furthest possible area, Disney does this on purpose, to prep you for what you are about to go through at the parks.  Make sure you did not pack your Magicbands in your checked luggage, you will need them to board the DME!  Anyway, the videos on board have changed from year to year.  My most recent trip I decided to forgo DME and take a Lyft.  From MCO to the Disney property, Lyft and Uber are approximately $35-$40 each way.  I definitely take Lyft on the way back to MCO, because DME wants to take you to the airport three hours before your flight.  I don't know about you, but I have TSA Precheck, and I do not need three hours at the airport, especially when I can be riding Space Mountain in that time.  Plus, the DME video on board the motor coach going back to MCO is depressing!

Getting to your resort is exciting.  Seeing the beautiful landscaped properties and the anticipation for the parks is agonizing.  Not to brag, but the amount of times that I have been fortunate to go to Disney World, I am always amazed when I get there.  

What kind of Disney traveler are you?  Are you the type that has an accordion folder with all your documents for check in, etc?  Are you the type that wings it?  How about the one that thinks they know everything, then they get to Disney, and are like a fish out of the water?  My favorite Disney travelers that have no clue, won't ask anyone, but will try their hardest to figure things out.  Let me tell you, if you see me roaming the parks, PLEASE feel free to ask me questions, heck ask me now!  

When I arrive to Disney World, typically early in the morning, I drop my carry on at the bellhop, grab my Magicband and head to the Magic Kingdom!  Don't know what a Magicband is?  They are essentially your key to everything!  They are your park tickets, room key, and many other things.  When you book your Disney World Vacation, you will receive yours in the mail approximately a month before you depart for WDW.  

I always start my trip at the Magic Kingdom!  Why?  My answer is why not!?  This is where it all happened in Florida.  Walt had his hand in this project, albeit he was not there at the opening.  Nostalgia is at the forefront when I go to Disney.  I like to visit the only two rides that bear Walts name on them, can you guess them?  The answer will be found at the end of the blog.

I always walk up the middle of Main Street, well little off to the side since there are Disney Photopass people in the middle.  These are photographers that will take your photos in front of Cinderella's Castle and place your photo on your Magicband!  Be sure to download the "My Disney Experience" app on your iPhone or Android device.  You will need this app for everything and I mean everything!

Once I get to behind the castle, I have to check out the Winnie the Pooh ride.  I know you are saying, "out of all the rides, why Winnie the Pooh"?  Well, if you take a peek inside the tree (the fake one) outside of the attraction, you will see a carving of the Nautilus, an ode to the 10,000 Leagues Under The Sea attraction that was in Fantasyland back when I was a kid.  Also, the Winnie the Pooh ride replaced Mr. Toads Wild Ride at the Magic Kingdom.  Today, you can find Mr. Toad in the attraction handing over the deed to the Owl.  Also, Mr. Toad is in the graveyard as you exit the Haunted Mansion in the Magic Kingdom.

Anyway, once I get word that my resort room is ready (through a push notification on my phone), I stop by to say hi to the big cheese, Mr. Mickey Mouse at the entrance to the park.  After I say hi, I head back to my resort via bus system.  To be continued......

What two rides bear Walt Disney's name on them?  Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, and Walt Disney's Carrousel of Progress!

Anyway, thanks for reading!  More blogs will be coming soon, stay tuned! "See Ya Real Soon!" - Mickey Mouse

Comments

Popular Posts